15-Day Flight Attendant (FA) Training Program (CCT015)
This course is designed to give you the knowledge and ability to become a cabin crew. The course mirrors the training available within the aviation industry both in terms of theory and practical experiences. The aim of this course is to provide an introduction to the skills and knowledge required to work effectively as a member of an airline cabin crew. The course focuses on communication skills, personality development, and grooming – which are important ingredients in landing the job as a cabin crew or any job that requires customer service. Aside from the routine tasks of a flight attendant, the trainees are also provided skills training in the event of emergency situations including survival swimming and firefighting.
- Introduction to the Cabin Crew Profession
- Values and Attitude
- Grooming and Professional Appearance
- Introduction to the Airline Industry
- Airline Catering and Food Service
- Galley and Equipment Familiarization
- Crew Member Coordination and Communication
- Customer Service and Passenger Handling
- Safety and Emergency Procedures
- Introduction to First Aid
- Landing the Job and CV Preparation
Who Should Attend:
Individuals who are ready to apply as a Flight Attendant, or employees and workers who wish to change careers and apply as a Flight Attendant.